An Insight to the Education System of Russia
Getting into the right academic institute of high repute gives all the power to accomplish the impossible. That’s the power Russia imparts to all students seeking education there.
Fulfilling the quest for quality education, Russia stands as an undisputed leader in providing a world class education system to students across the globe. The system is perfectly structured with well-equipped infrastructure and outstanding teachers in a way to provide focused development of students in all spheres including emotional, intellectual and moral alongside the basic professional education. This not only helps them to lead their respective fields with excellence but also help them stand strong with self-consciousness and self-insight.
Adding to this, the country is believed to have an incredible literacy rate of 99% with more than 96% of the total population going beyond the levels of compulsory elementary education annually. Amidst this, over 4 million students are from international destinations enrolling themselves in various Russian Universities. Furthermore, more than 180,000 educational institutes and establishments in the Russian Federation with about 6 million employed professionals add to the honor of being the most demanding educational destination for foreign students.
Universities in Russia
To number a figure, there are more than 880 universities on this vibrant and dynamic land. Amongst these, there are few universities that hold prestigious rankings in the world’s top most universities and also in the BRIC (British, Russia, India and China) rankings. The top rankers in the leading Russian Medical Universities include:
- Lomonosov Moscow State University: Holding the 4th Rank in the QS Ranking of the BRIC and 113 in the World Ranking.
- Saint-Petersburg State University: Holding the 14th Rank in the QS Ranking of the BRIC and 506 in the World Ranking.
- Novosibirsk State University: Holding the 22nd Rank in the QS Ranking of the BRIC and 750 in the World Ranking.
- Bauman Moscow State Technical University: Holding the 33rd Rank in the QS Ranking of the BRIC and 1459 in the World Ranking.
- Moscow State Institute of International Relations (MGIMO-University): Holding the 37th Rank in the QS Ranking of the BRIC and 1595 in the World Ranking.
- National Research University – Higher School of Economics (HSE): Holding the 50th Rank in the QS Ranking of the BRIC and 790 in the World Ranking.
- Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology State University: Holding the 55th Rank in the QS Ranking of the BRIC and 914 in the World Ranking.
- Kazan Federal University: Holding the 79th Rank in the QS Ranking of the BRIC and 506 in the World Ranking.
- Ural Federal University: Holding the 84th Rank in the QS Ranking of the BRIC and 1888 in the World Ranking.
- People’s Friendship University of Russia: Holding the 86th Rank in the QS Ranking of the BRIC and 1835 in the World Ranking.
Apart from these there are various other educational establishments of prestigious rankings with the highest quality education system.
Educational Reforms in Russia
In the recent years, Russia has experienced a stupendous reform whilst undergoing drastic changes in the transformation of the education system. The government of Russia is taking keen interest in improving and upgrading the facilities with innovative equipments and outstanding teaching methodologies. It is believed that an amount of 390 billion roubles have been allocated by the government as an investment in the Russian education system between 2011 and 2015. Alongside the government is also taking serious initiative to make the overall system more compatible and convenient for all individuals.
Moreover, the emergence of new educational facilities with state-of-art infrastructure and the reflective changes in the academic curricula have shown a paradigm diversification in the Russian education system. Then the shifting quality of education from good to best through in-depth changes in content, quality control mechanism, evaluation methodology and streamlined changes in the overall academic set-up has given a new face of education to the Russian economy and the world as well.